Daily activites in Philippines




Saturday, 20 january 2018
Today, it was a very happy day. Because I feel dream come true. I can go abroad at a young age. Especially abroad is not just for the streets but to follow the Sea-Teacher program organized by SEAMEO. Sea-Teacher is a student exchange program in the field of education. So my mission is to teach abroad the Philippines. 
This morning, Saturday, January 20, precisely at 03.00 am I have departed from Muara Bulian, one of the districts in Jambi. Because I will fly by plane Lion Air just at 06.00 pm. Upon arriving at the airport, I felt a little nervous and sad. Nervous because this is my first experience to board the plane and at the same time my first experience abroad. Especially when the morning air is so gripping as well as cold that makes the atmosphere so complete.
For a moment I will take off, asking prayers to parents. At that moment the atmosphere changed into emotion, but I tried to hold my tears. Then check in and enter the plane. After that I got information from my mom that my father was crying. It surprised me, because my father usually never cried a bit. So, sometimes I feel like to go back home but on one side also keep my dream red.
Finally I keep doing my learning adventure this time. After about 1 hour 20 minutes on plane until also at Soekarno-Hatta Airport which is International Airport in Cengkareng, Jakarta. Arriving there, it was drizzling weather made me go back to the cold. Then, me and my friends from Jambi University continue the journey. At this airport I was waited by the coordinator of Mrs. Rahmalia who was also waiting for students who came to Indonesia from Thailand and the Philippines. After picking up luggage and all other necessities, I and the entourage from Jambi University to the next terminal using airport train. After that, I checked in. The plane we use from Jakarta-Manila is Air Asia airline. At around 11:30 pm take off from Jakarta. The time required for flight Jakarta-Manila, Philippines approximately 4 hours 20 minutes. With a long time I use it to rest.   

Arrived in the Philippines, via immigration office to pick up luggage. Then queue up to buy a sim card, the Globe which covers all networks for 600 pesos, it's about Rp 180.000 after finish and the group meets and talks a bit with friends from several provinces in Indonesia ie Makassar, Bogor, Padang and others . After a deliberation then for the Muslim students, we prayed at the airport of Ninoy Aquino, Manila, Philippines.
After waiting a while, come Mr. Thom who is the assistant of Ms. Sally. Drs. Sally Jarin is the coordinator in charge of coordinating all the students who will come to Pangasinan State University (PSU), Philippines.
After about 09.00 PM, then the bus from the PSU came to pick up. Apparently asih takes 5 or 6 hours longer to get to Pangasinan. We were still at the airport of Ninoy Aquino, Manila, Philippines. On the way I fell asleep because of exhaustion, occasionally I wake up and it also has not arrived. Very beautiful night view of manila city.  
 Around 4:00 AM we arrived at the residence, which is not a dormitory. Me and other friends arrive at the Alumni Center, while we (the girls) live there next week possibly moving to the original dormitory. In this alumni center we have 14 people who all come from Indonesia. Very comfortable here, I am more able to know each other and of course more familiar. And this malaam ends by sleeping with the middle room, because very tired.
So, wait for my notes on the next blog.
Today will start from the country people.
Welcome to the Philipiness.

Komentar